Following feedback from people we’ve worked with in Plymouth with Plymouth Energy Community, we’ve been busy talking about the next steps towards building some solar art that also provides a function. We hope that you would like to be involved.
One idea we’ve been talking about is forming a link to the Mayflower 400 celebrations. For example, we could decide to design and make a garland of solar flowers that bloom in May to provide the power for either a light sculpture, or recorded commentary at historic sites. But…we know that the best ideas will come from you! So we’d like to explore these more. Would you like to come along to a third PEC Pals ‘Pretty Useful’ session to discuss ideas and ambitions?
We hope that by the end, we can form a working group to really get things moving. You can be involved as little or as much as you’d like. During the project, there will be lots of roles available to:
- Shape the design and make it happen
- Raise some money (we’re thinking of Big Lottery funding, but do you have any other suggestions?)
- Figure out who to involve and invite them to join in
- Organise designing and making workshops with Chloe and Naomi
- Getting hands on at the designing and making workshops
- Decide what to do with the energy we generate
- Tell the story of the project and take photos or videos
- Help organise a celebration and launch
If you are interested, please complete this online survey by clicking here by the end of December so that we can send out invitations for a workshop in January