You know what solar panels look like right…. Well think again!
The inky rectangle we are all used to is about to change.
And it’s going to be changing in Plymouth.
- Did you know that solar PV could be colourful?
- Did you know that you can make curves and shapes?
- Did you know the tech is fairly easy to work with?
Solar PV could be a new craft material of the future and this could give us an energy generation that doesn’t look like something out of Minecraft, but actually reflects local cultural identity.
This interactive, practical session will:
- Tell you a bit about the options for aesthetic versatility in solar PV
- Outline the experiments we’ll be doing with the Fab Lab in Plymouth
- Show you examples of art and energy projects from around the world
- Ask you to help us imagine an Art and Energy installation for Plymouth
Refreshments will be provided.
This event is free but numbers are limited and booking is essential.
This workshop will be held from 6-8pm on Tuesday 9th October at The Fab Lab in Plymouth College of Art.
Booking is essential and the last session was booked up very quickly.
Are you interested in social or environmental justice and improving the quality of life of residents in Plymouth?
Do you want to improve your skills or help grow confidence in energy efficiency and reducing carbon emissions?
Plymouth Energy Community would like your help to make a difference.. In the last 5 years, PEC’s services to tackle energy issues and cold homes have grown significantly. They’ve helped over 12,000 households and have installed 33 community-owned solar arrays. But they want to do so much more.