Unveiling and touring
In March 2019, we unveil our first solar panel artworks during MikroFest at Kaleider Studios in Exeter.
Our first solar panel artworks are only 60x60cm and they showcase a great deal of our learning about our materials.
Each artwork has been designed to be displayed indoors and in sunlight they will generate enough energy to power a device like a phone or laptop.
After the unveiling event, these early pieces will be shown at various places around the UK during 2019.
We now have the capabilities to design and fabricate larger scale works for an outdoor environment and are looking for the right place for the first installations.
Keep an eye out here for details of when our solar artworks might be visiting somewhere near you!
- Friday 12th July – The Making Table – Ocean Studios Plymouth – 10 – 3pm Public demonstration of making The Big Bang Artworks
- Saturday 20th July – EcoFest Tavistock – Public demonstration and invitation to join in
- Thursday 25th July – Science and Industry Museum Manchester – Energy and Public Communication Symposium
- 23rd August – 26th August – International Festival of Glass Stourbridge – Exhibition of artworks, demonstration and workshops
- Friday 30th August to Friday 11th October – Environment and Sustainability Institute Penryn – Exhibition of artworks
- Friday 27th September – Environment and Sustainability Institute Penryn – Demonstration and Talk
- Thursday 3rd September – The Factory Knowle West Media Centre, Bristol – Talk
- Monday 14th October – Friday 30th November – Rawthmells – The RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce), London – Exhibition & Talk – Talk date TBC
- Tuesday 25th June – The Big Bang South West, Exeter – Demonstration
- Monday 17th June – VentureFest, Exeter – Demonstration
- Friday 10th May – Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter – RAMM Lates Talk and display
- Friday 5th April – TedX Exeter – The Art of the Possible Exhibition
- Friday 15th March – MikroFest Exeter – Unveiling of first artworks
If you are interested in hosting an exhibition of solar artworks and a talk, then please get in touch.
We are interested in commissions
Our solar panel artworks can be crafted to suit your needs indoors or outside. The pieces can be small, or they can be scaled depending on the context. Our panels have the ability to charge your devices, or battery packs and link into a larger systems.
We can imagine:
- glittering sculptures that sing to you
- murals powering street-lighting, fields of sunbathing creatures powering a science park
- waypoint markers that interpret sites and tell stories
- flowering carports powering vehicles
- and much more
we hope to…
- Give people new ways to engage with energy imaginatively
- Generate clean energy with art
- Open the doors of imagination
- Increase acceptance of energy generation installations in special places